How to Reset Your Whirlpool Dishwasher
Resetting your Whirlpool dishwasher can be the answer to resolving common issues and getting your dishwasher running efficiently again. If your Whirlpool dishwasher won't start, displays error codes, or is simply not performing at its best, knowing how to perform a soft reset or a hard reset, or activating the diagnostic mode can save you time and money on unnecessary service calls. In this article, we'll help you reset your dishwasher, whether you own a Quiet Partner, Gold Series, or any other Whirlpool model. By the end, you'll have the knowledge to tackle various problems and give your dishwasher a fresh start.
How to Soft Reset a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- Press the "Power" Button to switch the dishwasher off.
- Next, unplug the dishwasher from the power source and leave it unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.
- Plug the dishwasher back and switch it on.
- Run a short cycle to check that the dishwasher is functioning properly.
How to Hard Reset a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- Ensure that the dishwasher is switched off.
- Turn off the circuit breaker to cut off power to the appliance.
- Leave it off for about 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the breaker back to the "On" position.
- Turn the dishwasher on and confirm that
How to Reset the Control Board on a Whirlpool Dishwasher
- Make sure the dishwasher is in Standby mode (no cycle running).
- Press the "Heated Dry," and "Normal," buttons one after the other, twice.
- After entering the correct button sequence, the control panel should light up as the dishwasher begins the reset.
- Allow the process to continue until it automatically shuts off.
- Test that the dishwasher is running normally by running a short cycle.
How to Activate Diagnostic Mode on a Whirlpool Dishwasher
Entering diagnostic mode allows you to check for error codes and perform tests to diagnose issues with your dishwasher. The procedure to enter diagnostic mode can vary depending on your Whirlpool dishwasher model. However, you can use the following general method that works on many different models. You will likely need the manual to match the flashing lights or error codes with the appropriate error and fix.
- Begin by opening the dishwasher door.
- Press any three keys in order three times, like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3, in quick succession, and then close the door.
- The dishwasher will reset all options to their default settings and then run/test its different components – like the motors and sensors (Look for error codes or flashing lights when the diagnostic cycle is done. You can pair these error codes with your user manual to find a fix.).
- To exit diagnostic mode, press the "Cancel/Drain" button.
- Check that all issues have been resolved and resume regular use of your dishwasher.
Whirlpool dishwashers are known for their reliability, but like any other appliance, they can encounter some performance problems. Knowing how to reset your Whirlpool dishwasher will help you quickly troubleshoot issues and restore it to optimal performance. However, if your dishwasher needs new parts to restore it, you can browse our list of genuine OEM Whirlpool Dishwasher Parts to find the right one for you. Remember to always refer to your dishwasher's user manual for model-specific information on performing resets and entering diagnostic mode, however, the fundamental principles remain the same. Keep this knowledge in your back pocket, and ensure your Whirlpool dishwasher continues to be a reliable companion in the heart of your home.