I found the model number of the Briggs & Stratton engine on the inside of the engine housing. Ordered a new starter-rewind unit, as the old cord broke and the thing was well worn. The instructions were clear enough, but to get the old starter off I had to drill out four rivets, which just spin around when you try. I used a hacksaw, chisel, pliers, whatever worked on each rivet; this took a while. When they were finally removed, the new starter pull unit was relatively easy to install with the small nuts and bolts provided. On the Yard Machines log splitter, putting back the engine housing is quite tricky; you have to jostle the thing into place, get the pull handle above the cover and line up the bolt holes.