Ice Maker Pumps
Find your partEnter your model number or a part number and click "Search"
Popular Ice Maker Pumps
1. Remove all ice and drain water pan by removing drain cap.
2. Disconnect waterline and unplug ice maker
3. Set icemaker on a work bench unless you like working on your knees, head down.
4. Remove flip out chute and ice scoop bracket.
5. Remove water pan by removing thumb screws
6. Remove single 1/4" head cap screw that holds plastic cover over pump.
7. Remove discharge hose from pump. Pull clear plastic 1/8" diameter water supply line from notch in left edge of pump base.
8. Remove three cap screws holding pump. Two are visible. The third one is behind the pump and requires an 8" extension on the socket.
9. After the three screws are removed the pump drops down. The electric connection must be unplugged. Pinch the tabs on either side to release the plug.
10. Reverse procedure to install new pump. Unless you have really small hands or love being frustrated, don't bother to reinstall the third screw that is behind the pump. The pump stays in place just fine without that screw.
11. After reinstalling the icemaker, clean thoroughly by washing all inside surfaces with a strong bleach solution.
12. Run a cleaning cycle with one quart of strong bleach solution in the water tray. At the conclusion of the cleaning cycle, drain the water tray. Place unit into service. DON'T FORGET TO CLEAN REGULARLY. If the water supply is not chlorinated molds and algae will develop in recirculation hose. Read more...
After several attemtps, I finally reached one screw and bolt it immediately. Rest was piece of cake.
What I liked most, is that you don't need to do any wiring connections, because it uses a simple plug-in connector that goes in at the same time when you bolt the new pump.
What it surprised me, was that my machine it's over 20 years old, and the new replacement water pump it's the very same design !!!
Last night I fixed it, and today I'm enjoying again fresh ice.
One plus for PartSelect : I inherit this machine and didn't have an Installation & Operation Manual,and PartSelect have it On-Line, so I printed it, and I believe I'm ready another 20 year period of fresh ice!
Thanks a lot PartSelect !!! Read more...