1222EE Snow Blower - Overview
Models starting with 1222EE
- 1222EE SimplicitySnow Blower (Simplicity Snowblower Model 1222EE Parts)
- 1222EE ( 1696507-01 2016 ) MurraySnow Blower (Bands 11.5 Gross Tp 22-Inch Single Stage Snowthrower)
- 1222EE ( 1696741-00 2017 ) MurraySnow Blower (Bands 11.5 Gross Tp 22-Inch Single Stage Snowthrower)
- 1222EED ( 1696507-00 2015 ) MurraySnow Blower (Bands 11.5 Gross Tp 22-Inch Single Stage Snowthrower)
Overall, the job took longer than it should have due to the additional time required to remove seized screws and acquire replacement lock nuts.
Duane from RICHFIELD, MN
Difficulty Level:Really Easy
Total Repair Time:30 - 60 mins
2) This repair may be quite simple or it may be a huge problem, depending on whether the manufacturing problem described below is present.
3) The space between the housing and aluminum pulley is so tight that a belt CANNOT be fit through it!
Therefore, the only way to replace the belt is to remove the pulley.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Step 1. As with every other single stage snow blower, remove the belt cover held by six 10 mm bolts. This may require a metric nutdriver or a deep socket for a couple of bolts.
Step 2. Use a 17 mm wrench to remove the large nut holding the aluminum impeller pulley, along with the flat and split lock washers. Also remove the part that locks the pulley onto the shaft.
Step 3a. If there is not a manufacturing issue, the pulley will come off easily and you may proceed to thread the new belt around the power and idler pulleys.
Step 3b. IF THE PULLEY DOES NOT COME OFF, you may need to get a wheeler puller tool to get it loose and off the shaft. Once the overly tight pulley is off, you may wish to file down the shaft near the end until the pulley slides on and off without much effort. (You may also wish to apply a dry silicone lubricant to the shaft to make the job easier next time.)
Step 4. In order the install the new belt, feed it around the power pulley and the idler pulley controlled by the "engage" handle. With the impeller pulley still off its shaft, feed the belt around it, fitting the belt grooves into the pulley grooves.
Step 5. The large aluminum can be replaced on its shaft, followed by the pulley lock, flat washer and split ring washer. Tighten the pulley lock nut, holding the impeller blades to keep the shaft from turning.
Step 6. Replace the belt cover and the six bolts holding it in place.
julianne from CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
Total Repair Time:15 - 30 mins
Tools:Nutdriver, Socket set, Wrench (Adjustable)