Lawn Equipment Parts
Maytag Fault Codes
By Steve Ash
Maytag Oven/Range/Stove Fault Codes
Note: Depending upon the brand of appliance, there can be many different names for the 'clock' component. Electronic Range Control, ERC, Electronic Oven Control, EOC, control board, and clock all refer to the same part.
- F0 - Function Key Stuck - Replace touch pad, or touch pad and control board (clock) if one assembly.
- F1 - Defective touch Pad or Control Board (Clock) - Replace either touch pad, control board, or both if one assembly. Refer to F1 Test for more information.
- F2 - Oven Temperature Too Hot - Replace relay board (if present) or oven temperature sensor. Check sensor harness.
- F3 / F4 - Shorted or Open Oven Temperature Sensor (RTD) - Check the connection between the oven control and oven sensor, as well as the sensor harness. If wiring is ok, replace oven temperature sensor (RTD).
- F5 - Watchdog and Hardware Conflict - Replace control board (clock).
- F7 - Function Key Stuck or Shorted - Replace touch pad, or touch pad and control board (clock) if one assembly.
- F8 - Analog / Digital Problem - Replace control board (clock).
- F9 - Door Latch - Check door latch switches and wiring.
Maytag Stackable A/W and Dryer Fault Codes
- L - Lid Lock Failure - Check lid switch, linkage, lock solenoid, and control board for defects. Replace if faulty.
- U - Unbalanced Load - Open lid and re-balance load manually. If error persists, check unbalance switch and control board and replace if faulty.
- 1E - Lid Lock Failure - Check lid lock switch and control board. Replace if faulty.
- 6E - Temperature Control Error - Check thermistor, wire harness, and control board for defects. Replace if faulty.
- 7E- Temperature Control Error (Over Heating) - Check to make sure unit has adequate ventilation. Check thermistor, control board, and cycling thermostat (regular) for defects. Replace if faulty.
- 8E - Motor Relay Circuit - Check relay coil, wire harness, and control board for defects. Replace if faulty.
- 9E - Door Switch Failure - Check door switch, door switch wiring, and control board for defects. Replace if faulty.
Click here for more information on other Maytag Parts from PartSelect.com