Lawn Equipment Parts
Dishwasher Lasagna Florentine
Cook spinach and ricotta cheese lasagna in your dishwasher
Whether you're cooking for a few friends, throwing a dinner party, or just trying to feed a hungry family, lasagna is a classic dish favored in many homes. Tasty and easy to make, it can satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. But what if your oven has decided to take an unexpected vacation and you have hungry mouths to feed expecting nothing less than a taste of Italy? Save the day by creating hot and delicious Spinach and Ricotta Cheese lasagna fresh from your dishwasher! Sure to be entertaining and guaranteed to leave your guests speechless, no one will believe it until they see it, when you pull a perfectly cooked lasagna from between your freshly washed dinner plates and silverware. This unique recipe is easy to create and doesn't require much more time than cooking lasagna the old fashioned way. So try getting the kids involved for some fun food magic, or just impress your friends and become the talk of the dinner table with this creative meal idea sure to please!
Recipe for Dishwasher Lasagna Florentine
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook time: 2-hour cycle
- ½ jar of your favourite pasta sauce (we used Florentine Spinach & Cheese)
- 3 fresh lasagna pasta sheets (you can also use 'oven-ready' lasagna sheets)
- ½ 16.8 oz container of Ricotta cheese
- ½ package of mixed grated cheese
- 1 cup freshly chopped spinach
- Onion flakes
- Fine herbs
- Thick aluminum foil
- Cut three 24-inch x 12-inch sheets of aluminum foil and lie on flat surface.
- Place first lasagna pasta sheet flat in the centre of the aluminum foil and spread a thick layer of pasta sauce over the entire noodle.
- Mix the ricotta cheese and chopped spinach in bowl. Spread half the ricotta cheese and spinach mixture on top of the pasta sauce.
- Next, sprinkle desired amount grated cheese, fine herbs, garlic, and onion flakes, and top with second pasta sheet. Tip: To help eliminate any extra moisture while cooking in the dishwasher, it is recommended to use dried onion flakes for flavour rather than fresh onions.
- Repeat with pasta sauce, ricotta cheese and spinach mixture, and herbs.
- Cut the third lasagna pasta sheet into 3/8-inch strips and place on top in a criss-cross fashion, one under the other.
- Sprinkle with fine herbs.
- Securely wrap lasagna in the aluminum foil by taking the two longest sides of the foil and bringing them to meet in the middle, above the lasagna.
- Begin carefully folding the two edges together creating a 'paper bag' effect until the two sides are folded down just above the lasagna.
- Flatten the foil down so it is flat above the lasagna and begin to fold the sides in like a present, first folding the corners inside and then folding the remainder in towards the lasagna.
- Once the lasagna is wrapped, place it flat in the dishwasher on the bottom rack. Tip: You can also add dirty dishes and detergent to the dishwasher but only if you are confident the lasagna is tightly wrapped, otherwise you'll end up with a very soapy lasagna.
- Set dishwasher on normal cycle and select 'heated dry' and 'sanitize' for extra heat. This cycle should take about two hours.
- Once the cycle is completed, let the lasagna stand for a few minutes before serving.
Some modern dishwashers offer heat-conserving options such as 'cool dry' or 'economy'. It is not recommended to use these, as you want as much heat as you can get from your dishwasher. If you need to serve a larger family, simply create two separate lasagnas by doubling the ingredients and following the same recipe. Wrap the lasagnas separately and place them in the dishwasher at the same time to enjoy double the lasagna. For a complete meal, serve with fresh salad and garlic bread. When folding the aluminum foil, make sure the folds are clean. Avoid crumpling the foil as this can lead to tearing. A dry, acidic red wine will compliment any tomato dish, such as Chianti. You can also try a Cabernet Sauvignon or for a little more tartness, a Pinot Gris. Keep your dishwasher working like new by following the maintenance instructions and replacing any worn out dishwasher parts.
Find Your Part
- Search your model number to find:
- Genuine OEM parts guaranteed to fit
- Free manuals and guides
- Repair instructions and videos