20 of 23 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair:1- 2 hours
ToolsPliers, Screw drivers, Wrench(Adjustable)
CustomerJ from San Antonio TX
Replaced drying heater element due to lime scale build up.
1) Turn off water
2) Place receptacle to catch water before removing water fitting.
3) Disconnect water tube from valve.
4) Remove screws from mounting skirt connecting washer to counter/woodwork.
5) Slide washer out of slot paying attention to water tubing and electrical wiring. Ours was installed in such a manner to allow removal of water tube with a little flexing. Wiring as a simple 110 plug so simply unplugged.
6) Tilt washer onto back.
7) Connections for element will be close to floor one washer on back.
8) Gently pull electrical connections from heater element to remove.
9) Remove nuts holding element in place.
10) Tilt washer upright. (May require second person here to help balance washer)
11) Open door and remove heater element. There are two clips holding to bottom that require a little dexterity to navigate.
12) At this point simply reverse the above instructions to reinstall. The insulation around the housing was a little tricky to navigate while sliding the washer back into place. It has a tendency to hang up on the woodwork.