ApplianceGeneral Electric Microwave
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
out of people found this instruction helpful
The oven overheated when timed cooked was pushed with an empty oven instead of the timer. The oven outside was very warm. I thought the oven was toast and we searched for a comparable one but found they all were rated average to lower than average. So I took the oven cover off aafter buying a special screwdriver bit at ACE Hardware for the security screws. I saw no burned or melted parts. Under the cover was a schematic in an envelope. I traced the hot wire through the fuse and checked the fuse. It was good. Then I traced the neutral wire to a "Flame Sensor" and I wondered what that was. I discovered online that this is an oven over-temperature sensor. I tested the part and it measured infinite ohms. Eureka! I ordered the part and broken light bulb which came promptly. Both parts just require push-on wire connectors and small metal tabs which are bent 90° to hold the parts in place. Very quick and easy repair.
Were these instructions helpful?
Part Number: PS236982
Part Number: PS247267