ApplianceGeneral Electric Microwave
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Robert From Burlington, CT
Feb 22, 2011
18 out of 19 people found this instruction helpful
Easy as pie!
1. Remove the 2 outer screws holding the top vent in place and remove the vent (it helps to have the door open)
2. Lift the door up, pull the top of the door away from the hinge and then list it up a little more to clear the bottom hinge.
3. Lay the door on the counter and with a putty knife, work your way around the perimeter of the door between the door and the inside bezel. The bezel is held in place with little tabs spaced evenly around the perimeter.
4. Once the bezel is off, the catch assembly is accessible. List it up against the spring pressure, and push it towards the outside of the door to release it from the frame.
5. Reverse procedure to install.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS230891