Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
1. Unplugged power to the fridge.
2. Removed the plastic door covering the icemaker.
3. Removed the screw holding the plastic ring around the electrical wire on the right side of the icemaker and removed the plastic ring.
4. Slowly pulled out the icemaker enough that I could unplug the wire from the right side of the unit and then removed the icemaker.
5. Pulled off the plastic cover over the motor on the left side of the icemaker and removed the three screws holding the motor assembly in place.
6. Pulled the motor assembly off the icemaker and installed the new one.
7. Replaced the three screws in the motor assembly and put the plastic cover back on.
8. Connected the wire back to the right side of icemaker and pushed it back into the freezer.
9. Replaced the plastic ring over the electrical wire and screwed it back in.
10. Replaced the plastic door covering the icemaker.
11. Plugged the fridge back in and a few minutes later we had ice!