Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS333333
Includes high temperature adhesive.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
After my husband disassembled the cabinet and removed the drum, we used a putty knife to remove the old seal and carefully glued the new one in place. (A 2 man job to do it without leaking glue everywhere.) We then replaced the belt, following the picture sent by PartSelect and put everything back. (We put all small pieces in labeled envelopes so that putting it back together was easy.) Another helpful hint - take a few digital pictures beforehand in the event that you need to see it to put it back together!
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
first we printed out directions from a couple of online repair sites that had pictures.We followed the directions to remove the front of the dryer and removed the belt off the drier and then took out the drum. We had a hard time trying to keep the rear seal on so used CLOTHES PINS to put on the seal, then we added the adhesive replacing the clothes pins until the whole seal glued. Since the drum was already out, we put it in the sun to really dry the glue.Next we attacked the drum support rollers. We removed the back of the dryer and used a 9/16" socket with an extention to remove the back nuts.We took out the shaft, used sandpaper on it and then replaced the triangle clips and the support rollers.Then put the back on again, then the front, makingsure the drum fit on the front. You have to then figure out the belt, with the rubber side down, and then work with the tensioner, which took my poor husband a while. Then lowered the top, put the clips back on and the bottom, making sure we turned the drum. It was a success after about 3 hours. You can do it a lot easier with pictures.
UNPLUG THE DRYER!!!!!First removed the two screws holding the lint filter in place. Then slipped a screw driver between the top and the dryer body to remove the top. Using a nut driver removed the two screws holding the front of the dryer in place, remove the two wires for the door switch., lift the front cover of the dryer and set it aside. Support the drum ( two extra hands would be nice) and remove the drive belt. Then remove the drum. A thorough cleaning to remove all of the scorch like stain from the drum and back plate. Remove the seal and glue the new one in its place. Put it back like you found it. Make sure that the seal is not tucked against the back plate. Dryer works better than new and no more stains.
First I had to take the top of the dryer off by taking the two screws off of the lint trap on top then I pushed the top forward a little and lifted up. Then I had to take the front of the dryer off (I think there was two screws). After that I had to take the belt off to be able to get the drum out. I pulled off the old seal and had to use some glue remover to get the old glue off. I then put the new seal on did a little bit at a time to make sure it was on correctly. The glue is really sticky once it starts to dry. It takes two people to put the seal on especially when it gets down to the end. Although my dryer defenitly needed a new seal it was not the problem. It was not very difficult at all, just more time consuming with trying to get the old glue off. Will be buying a new motor, found one cheap and alot less expensive than buying a new dryer considering when I am done I will pretty much have a new dryer for about $120.00.
It had been making noise for a week and I bought the two drum support rollers hoping that was the problem. It wasn't as the dryer started shutting down after a few minutes of running. I opened the top of the dryer and removed the 2 screws holding the face and door on. I removed the face and disconnected the door switch wires and released the drum belt by pushing on the idler pully. I then removed the drum straight out the top. I then put a wrench on the fan on the back of the motor and unscrewed it and then released the two holdown clamps on the motor and removed the motor. I had to make a couple of wiring modifications for the new motor but the instructions and connectors that came with the motor were perfect. I put everything back together and plugged the dryer back in and tried to start it and .... Nothing. I forgot to reconnect the door switch wires. Fixed that and the dryer now runs as good as new and makes no noise at all now (almost anyway). It should be good for another 10 years easy.
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2016 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.