Water was leaking on the floor during the wash cycle and especially during draining of the washer. I removed the front panel at ground level and watched while draining after a rinse.
I t was obvious that water was spraying from a hole in the rubber end of the hose (the hose is a fused assembly of a plastic section and a rubber section).
So, I finished draining, removed the hose (required pliers to squeeze off a hose clamp).
Upon inspecting the hose, it was also apparent that the hole was caused by rubbing against a support bracket for the motor. This should not happen, but it did because the plastic standoff supposed to keep the hose away from the bracket was installed 180 degrees backwards.
So, I simply replaced the hose and turned the bracket around to the correct orientation.
Everything worked as planned and my repair cost was much less than if I had called someone out.