Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Tom From Foxboro, MA
May 28, 2013
1) Watched the repair video to get familiar with the repair.
2) Disconnected the power.
3) Removed the bottom front panel and loosened the two bolts holding the top front panel/door
4) Removed the dryer belt from the tension pulley and motor
5) Removed the lint filter and two screws
6) Popped open the top of the dryer and rested it against the wall
7) Unhooked the two wires to the door switch and unclipped them from the front panel/door
8) Removed the two screws on the inside of the top front panel/door
9) Removed the top front panel/door while holding the drum
10) While holding the dryer belt, removed the drum
11) Loosened the bolt on the bottom of the left roller support
12) Removed the old metal retainer, plastic clips (both sides of the roller) and the roller on the left side
13) Removed the plastic clips and roller on the right side
14) On the right side, installed the new rear plastic clip, roller and front plastic clip
15) On the left side installed the new rear plastic clip, roller and front plastic clip. Then attached the roller support and new metal retainer. Then tightened bolt on the bottom of the support
16) Then put the new dryer belt on the drum, v-grooves facing the drum
17) Installed drum on new rollers and ensures rear felt strip was not kinked as I rolled the drum
18) Reinstalled front panel/door, installed inside screws, tightened bottom bolts and attached door switch wires
19) Followed directions to install new belt on tension pulley and motor
20) Rotated drum to ensure proper fit
21) Closed top cover and installed lint filter screws.
22) Re-installed bottom front panel
23) Connected power and ran dryer
24) VERY EASY!
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS346995
Part Number: PS347627