ApplianceGeneral Electric Dishwasher
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Karthik From Springfield, VA
Jan 23, 2008
29 out of 33 people found this instruction helpful
Note: This procedure assumes replacement of both eyelet cables. It is recommended that both eyelet cables be replaced at the same time.
1. Using a Philips' head screwdriver, remove the four screws holding the lower front panel (below dishwasher door).
2. Remove the faulty eyelet cable(s) hooked into the springs at one end and the door hinges at the other.
3. Take the new eyelet cables and hook them onto the door hinge on either side. Ensure a secure fit.
4. Guide the eyelet cable around the spinwheel on one side and insert the hooks of the springs into the eyelets.
5. Pull on the springs and insert their hooks into the eyelets of the other cable, ensuring a secure fit.
6. Test the door by opening and closing it a few times to ensure the spring has tension.
7. Replace the lower front panel cover removed in step 1 with its screws.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS263918