Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
1. Opened top and removed wire clamps from side and front for door switch.
2. Removed two screws and pulled front cover off.
3. Removed drive belt from tensioner pulley and moved to back of dryer.
4. Pulled drum off rear guide wheels and lifted drum out of dryer.
5. Unplugged motor electrical connector and removed idler wheel spring and idler assembly.
6. Removed screws holding blower wheel cover to case.
7. Removed snap ring and spring clamp from blower wheel and pulled blower wheel off motor shaft.
8. Popped rear motor clamp off with screwdriver.
9. Unscrewed screw holding rear motor support to dryer bottom and removed rear motor support.
10. Twisted motor assembly 1/8 turn to right and pulled motor rearward out of blower housing.
11. Removed blower rear snap ring from old motor and moved to new motor shaft.
12. Reversed procedures 1-10 to install motor, connector, idler, blower wheel, blower wheel cover, drum, belt, front cover and top cover.