ApplianceMagic Chef Washer
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Hing From Toms River, NJ
Feb 28, 2010
1 out of 1 people found this instruction helpful
I checked the belt 1st. It didn't look like it could be the problem, but it needs replacement anyway. Replacing belt is very easy, this 1 is at the bottom of the washer.
1. Unplug washer.
2. Move it away from the wall.
3. Tilt washer back & support the bottom front with lumber.
4. You can see the belt looped around 3 pulleys. Water pump in the back. The motor is in the right front & is spring loaded.
5. Grab the motor pulley & push it back as far as it will go, & remove the belt from it.
6. Do the reverse to install new belt.
There is a Brake Rotor & Lining Assy on this washer. I looked up the part on this web site, sure enough somebody else had this same problem. Part is on order. If this is not the fix, I will revise this posting later.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2018741