Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Dominick From Parker, CO
Dec 15, 2009
8 out of 8 people found this instruction helpful
Very simple repair:
- Turn off water and detach water supply hoses. (Good to have a bucket nearby to catch water left in hoses.)
- Remove 3 screws from the back of the lid; slide lid back 1" and lift off.
- Valve is mounted just under the lid on the back wall of the washer -- remove 1 screw from back of washer that holds valve assembly in place.
- Remove the 4 electrical connectors (2 black & 2 white) I numbered them with a sharpie so I wouldn't forget how to reattach them. :-)
- Use pliers to squeeze & slide the little hose clamp that holds the internal hose on the valve assembly. Once the clamp is out of the way, pull the hose off the valve assembly.
- Reverse the process to install the new valve assembly.
I ran into a little problem mounting the new valve assembly. The screw hole in the back of the washer did not line up with the mounting hole in the valve assembly. I had to drill a 3/16" hole just to the right of the original screw hole on the back of the washer. Used the new hole to mount the valve assembly, done.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS391478