ApplianceGeneral Electric Refrigerator
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Kenneth From Durham, NC
Nov 02, 2008
1 out of 1 people found this instruction helpful
1) The large drawer is first removed from the guide that remained on the side wall.
2) Removal of the light shield from the rear of the glass shelf to facilitate glass shelf removal by lifting the rear edge of the glass and remove it.
3) Unscrew two phillips head screws holding the remaining pieces of the plastic guide to the interior side panel of the fridge.
4) Examine the replacement guide and insure that the nylon guide and stop parts are clicked into place. If unsure, look at the guide on the other side to ensure that both are present and completely seated before installation of the replacement guide. (These usually fall out of the guide during shipping and should be in the bag with the guide!)
5) Once the guide is outfitted with the nylon guides, secure the new guide with the two phillips screws and DO NOT over tighten, remember you are dealing with plastic guide and steel screws going into a steel cabinet.
6) Re-install the glass shelf, followed by the light shield and finally the large drawer which should slide out smoothly to the stop and back closed without any drag.
7) A successful installation usually includes giving the drawer and glass shelf a good cleaning that probably could be done to the entire fridge side of the unit.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS306944