Lawn Equipment Parts
How To Fix A Broken Amana Dishwasher Door Latch
Click a Part Below to Start Your Repair:Door Latch Assembly
About this repair:
- Rated as REALLY EASY
- 1239 repair stories
- 4 step by step videos
Door Latch Assembly
If your door latch is not working properly, the first thing to inspect should be the door catch. The door catch is attached to the top of the Amana Dishwasher tub and is normally adjustable. If not adjusted properly it can cause the door latch to not activate and will prevent the Amana Dishwasher from working, or it may not close the door tight enough to prevent a leak. The door latch may also be worn and no longer creates a tight fit, in which case the door latch will need to be replaced.
How to test a Amana Dishwasher door latch assembly with a multimeter:
- Verify that you have unplugged your Amana Dishwasher before beginning.
- The door latch assembly is most often found inside the inner door panel, near the top of the door. Remove your inner door panel and locate the door latch assembly.
- Inspect the door catch to verify that it is mechanically activating the switches. If it is, remove the switches in order to test them for continuity.
- Set your multimeter to Rx1 and touch the terminals with the probes. You are testing for continuity and should receive a reading of exactly or nearly zero.
- If your test produces any other reading, you will need a replacement door latch assembly.
More Repair Parts
Still not sure which part is broken? We can offer you custom troubleshooting help if you search with your model number.