Keep searches simple. Use keywords, e.g. "leaking", "pump", "broken" or "fit".
Sorry, we couldn't find any existing answers that matched.Try using some different or simpler keywords, or submit your new question by using the "Ask a Question" button above!
June 6, 2019
The big burner on top will not heat up. It does not work at all. Everything else works. Any idea what I might need and how to check it
For model number SVE47100W
Hello Sam, thank you for contacting us, In order for us to locate the correct parts and repair information we will require the model number of the Cartridge not the stove. Once you have located the model number please feel free to resubmit the question and we will be happy to help you. Look forward to hearing from you!
The contact spades were burned from 10+ years of use and the cook top module was worn. I disassembled the module, taped the top to protect the creamic cook top, sanded the metal and spray painted to restore the original white finish. On the bottom half I replaced one missing pop rivet and cleaned and spray painted the bottom to restore to the original black. When the contact spades arrived, I replaced the contact spades and reassembled the module. It now works and looks like it did when it was new.
Daryl from Olathe, KS
A Bit Difficult
Total Repair Time:
More than 2 hours
Nutdriver, Screw drivers
8 of 9 peoplefound this instruction helpful.
Was this instruction helpful to you?
Thank you for voting!
I spilled a pot of soup and shorted everything out had to replace these parts
Pulled out the burners, Freed the outside rim and removed the burnerbox with the burnned out pieces removed tham and reassembled
Problem was the neutral connector spike was burned and didn’t make good connection. Service man said he couldn’t get parts and charged $100 and left. The neutral conductor cost about $12. And was an easy fix!
A local repair shop informed the individual that the burner unit could not be repaired and she would have to replace the cooktop..
After examining the burner unit I noticed that one of the male contact spades was burned and look deformed. After removing the spade I discovered that it had been originally manufactured incorrectly. I went on line to try and find the part. I found it at this site . I ordered 2 of the spades and replaced the deformed spade and another one that looked like it had gotten a little hot. She tried the unit and it worked perfectly. She had not used that burner unit for a very lengthy time. The investigation of the problem took a little time, but the repair went very fast. Moral is :" If a spade doesn't look right, it probably isn't", but either the individual spade or plug can be replaced. This site is now my "GO TO" place for parts.