Removing and replacing a water filter - upper right hand corner inside location
Filters situated up front in the refrigerator compartment of Frigidaire-built side-by-side refrigerators are relatively simple to replace. Follow these steps:
- Open the door of the refrigerator compartment of your Frigidaire brand side-by-side refrigerator. The filter is located in the upper right hand corner. It has a push button for quick release just to the right of the filter.
- Locate the icemaker On/Off power switch and place it in the OFF (o) position.
- Push in on the filter release button and pull the filter all the way out to remove it. Remove new filter from its packaging and remove the protective plastic caps. Insert the new filter in the same manner it was removed. Make sure to push in firmly on the filter until you hear the filter cartridge click in place.
- Return the icemaker's power switch to the On (l) position.
- Condition the filter by running water through the dispenser for about three minutes. This will flush the filter of all fine carbon particles.
- In some models, you will have to reset the filter status light. It is located on the ice and water dispenser control panel. Push in on it for ten to fifteen seconds until the green, red, and amber lights flash. If your refrigerator model does not have a filter status light, you should make a note on a calendar, or place a month sticker on your filter to remind you to replace the filter again in six month's time.
Note: Replacing this type of filter is a quick process - there is no need to unplug your refrigerator or shut off the water supply when replacing it. Also, this filter should be replaced every six months.