| || Removing and replacing a water filter - inside liner location|
Filters situated in the interior liner of the refrigerator compartment of GE-built side-by-side refrigerators are relatively simple to replace. Follow these steps:
- Remove the old filter by grasping it and slowly making a one quarter turn to the left. Pull down gently on the filter to remove it from the mounting bracket assembly. Be careful to not tip the filter, as water may spill out of it. Discard used filter.
- Water by Culligan filter cartridges need to have a water filter adapter installed. This is a one time installment, and once you have this adapter installed, it stays in the refrigerator for all future filter replacements. If your refrigerator already has this adapter in place, do not remove it to replace the filter.
- Smart Water filter cartridges do not require the use of the water filter adapter. If for some reason your refrigerator has an adapter in place already, you will have to remove it before installing a Smart Water filter cartridge. The adapter is removed in the same manner as the filter itself: with a gentle quarter turn to the left.
- Remove the new filter from its packaging. Apply the appropriate month sticker to the filter to remind yourself to change it again in six months' time.
- Fill the filter with water from the tap, and then line the arrow on the filter up with the arrow on the cartrige holder inside your refrigerator.
- The filter automatically pulls itself into position as you turn the filter to the right and lock it in place. Be careful to not overtighten the filter into position.
- Run water through your dispenser for about three minutes to clear the system. Keep in mind that a newly installed water filter could initially cause water to spurt from the dispenser.
Note: Replacing this type of filter is a quick process - there is no need to unplug your refrigerator when replacing it. Also, this filter should be replaced every six months.