Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS890612
This gasket comes with the adhesive.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
This seal is attached to the inner cabinet to reduce noise.
remove old seal, clean and dry the gap where the new seal will be installed. Apply adhessive, place new seal, then let dry for 24 hrs.The hardest part was getting the seal, we first ordered from a sears parts store locally. They also told me that everything was included to install it, but they did not include the adhesive, they lost the order via ups and never notified me. I finally called them and they made me go back to the parts store for a refund. I then ordered on parts select and they had it in my hands in 3 days.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
We have been living with this problem for a couple of years. My wife resorted to leaning a chair with a bag of potatoes against the door. As time went on, she had to use heaver and heaver potatoes. Soon, nothing would hold the door shut. As a last resort (after calling Kitchen Aid and finding out my extended warranty that was paid for 5 years wouldn't cover the repair due to some technicality), I decided to try and replace all three items that could contribute to the door not staying shut. The Strike Plate, Door Latch and Door Seal. Parts were easy to find on the web site and delivered from PartSelect in record time. The installation was fairly easy. I loosened the star head screws holding the Stainless outer front panel to the inner panel. These are located all around the inside of the door. The Stainless front panel then separated a bit, like a "V". I didn't completely remove the front panel as there seemed to be some wires connected that I didn't want to mess with. So I just tilted it forward and reached inside to remove the 2 screws holding the door latch. Replaced it and the door seal. Removing the strike plate required slipping a knife under the plate and releasing the spring prongs from he sides. It all seemed very intuitive. Even though we were expecting to be dishwasher shopping the next day - The door stayed shut and has worked great now for a month.
Removed old seal, cleaned track, applied adhesive for new seal, seated new seal in track, closed door for 24 hours to allow adhesive to cure, then used dishwasher without difficulty. An easy repair.
I peeled off the old seal and replaced with the new seal. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, however the new seal made the door not stay closed as the friction catch at the top was no strong enough to overcome the tension of the door closed with the new seal. There were explicit instructions on the way the seal was to work with the sealed edge spreading into the tub area as the door closed. I was very careful to follow those instructions and made sure to seat the seal carefully. After I reinstalled the seal three times to see if I could get it to seat properly, as a last ditch effort I reversed the seal to the opposite way the instructions indicated and it worked with the door closing properly and the seal didn't leak. Based on looking at the old seal and how it was originally installed, I actually think the seal was out of spec for the unit. However, if it isn't leaking that is what it's all about so we will see how long it holds.
Just removed the old seal and followed the instructions that came with the new one. Since the old one didn't have any adhesive on it ,I didn't use the adhesice on the new one. Problem solved!
Removed the old one, cleaned out the groove, dry fit the gasket, made a small cut to fit length, removed, squeezed the glue into the track and then put gasket in. Had to wait 24 hours for glue to cure. No leaks.
Once I figured it out it was not bad at all and most of all it worked, no leaks. I just cleaned some old glue off the stainless steel, dried it well, ran a bead of glue like directions showed, squeezed in the new gasket, closed the door for 24 hours then ran the dishwasher. No Problems.
Cleaned area, applied sealant and laid the sealant in. Unfortunately, it did not work. Still leaks. Going to the maytag store to get another and try again.
Used new seal and glue. Your company was great. However, the part had changed and did not agree with the installation instructions. After calling the friendly person at your company to determine if I had the right part(it did not have a white stripe on it and did not look like the old part), I followed the instructions and it was easy. No leak-happy family.
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.