22 of 24 people found this instruction helpful
- Burner Bake Tube with Igniter
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Time to do repair: 30 - 60 mins
Tools: Nutdriver, Screw drivers
Customer: D.W. from Jasper, AL
Would not light.
I had to pull the drawer to get to the burner, then remove the heat shield to get to the connections. I took out the screw at the end of the burner tube, then the two screws holding the tube to the back wall. I had to pull the connections through the back wall of the oven, and disconnect them. I then removed the two screws holding the igniter to the old tube, and used them to connect the new igniter to the new tube. At that time, I also had to cut the old connections off of the old ignighter, and put them on the new one. I also had to redo the connection to the gas valve at the bottom of the tube. I then put all the wire and connections back through the hole in the back of the oven, connect the tube back to the rear of the oven, and the single screw to hold the end of the tube. I replaced the the heat shield, and tested. Everything worked fine.
12 of 14 people found this instruction helpful
Level of Difficulty: A Bit Difficult
Time to do repair: 1- 2 hours
Tools: Nutdriver, Screw drivers, Socket set, Wrench (Adjustable), Wrench set
Customer: DAVID from SOUTHAMPTON, NY
Oven was popping house breaker on ignition.
Removed oven racks, oven floor tray and shield to access burner. Initially began to replace only electric igniter (just two screws) and burner break valve but noticed burner tube was corroded and had large hole near igniter. Ordered a new burner pipe. Hardest part of this repair was the burner valve. It has a compression fitting to the aluminum supply tube that needs to be seated well without bending the tube. The electrical connectors (2) have plastic shields on them that are somewhat brittle, perhaps because the oven is about ten years old. Had to be very gentle with them when swapping them from old valve to new so as not to crack the plastic.
The real trick was figuring out that the valve break needed to be adjusted for LP supply. It shipped configured for natural gas. Upon initial install the flame level in the oven was much to high. After asking around I discovered that the brass nozzle needs to be tightened down clockwise with a wrench until flush with the base in order to set it for LP.