21 of 25 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair:30 - 60 mins
CustomerRaymond from Rome PA
Burners were working intermittenly. Sockets arching.
First, I pulled the stove away from the wall and unplugged it from the wall outlet. I then removed all of the burners and pans. I removed the upper part of the back cover on the stove to reveal the wiring harness, from the reostats to the burners. I made sure that the length of the new harrness was the same as the old one. I then checked the color of the wires to make sure they corrosponded with the old ones.
( Before removing the wires, I used a sharpie permanent black marker and wrote the color of each wire next to where it connected.) Then I removed all of the wires from the connectors on the reostats.
I then removed the screws from the bracket that holds the wire harness to the stove and the one from the short green grounding wire. This way you can remove the top of the stove by raising it and sliding it to the left. I then removed the screws from the burner sockets and removed the harness. I then installed the new harness in reverse. As with the grounding wire and the wire connections on the reastats.
The only problem I incurred was that the steel bracket that hold the burner socket to the stove top was to long. The burner would not plug into the socket far enough to make a good connection. So I replaced them with the ones in "The Newer Style Plug-in Block Kit". ( I had purchased these not realizing that the sockets came on the wire harness). So it all worked out in the end. Overall It is a pretty simple job with one philips head screw driver and a little muscle to move the stove.