Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS334194
This seal kit for large capacity gas and electric clothes dryers includes a seal, an adhesive, and an instructions sheet. This felt seal for the back of the drum is sewn with red thread.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Sold individually. This knob accepts a D-shaped shaft.
Unplugged dryer. Removed lint trap and the two screws under lint trap. Popped top up. Removed two wires to door switch. Removed two nuts holding front on and removed front of dryer. Pulled drum out and placed on ground.Pulled old rear seal off and sanded off old glue. Placed most of new seal onto rear lip of drum and glued. Held it in place with clothes pins. When glue dried, pulled remaining seal into place and glued. While it dried, I replaced the front bearing.Reinstalled drum into dryer with new belt. Used screw driver to set rear seal over buldge in rear of dryer. Replaced front of dryer. Ran dryer with top up to assure seal and belt were set.Reclipped top, replaced screws and lint trap.Directions included were very clear and.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
followed instruction on your website. It took more than 2 hours, but the active working time was ~20 minutes, plus ~ half hour to clean the inside of the dryer ( amazing amount of lint/dust/coins-still wondering how the coins got out of the rotating drum). The rest of the time was waiting for he glue to set.
the repair was straight forward. I am a machine shop owner so I have a little knowledge about mechanics.the repair took 2 and 1/2 hours due to cleaning lint from everything that I could reach and removing all of the excellent factory adhesive. If someone could do this repair in less than one hour properly. .
My 20 year old dryer sounded more like a washer on spin cycle. A quick web search showed it was probably the roller wheels. I disassembled the dryer and found the roller bearings were gone. I ordered parts including the rollers and the rear felt seal and got the package in 3 days. Unfortunately, the wrong seal was in a mismarked package. PartSelect associate randy helped me out and I got the right part in 2 days. After that, the repair only took an hour. My wife went into the basement where I was catching up on the wash, and she didn't even notice the dryer was running!
Took off front panel of dryer, the belt and the drum. I used a putty knife to get old drum seal off as well as a wire brush to get old glue off of drum.Make sure that when you put it back together the seal is over both inside and outside edge of drum; otherwise you will probably have to replace it again in a short time. (I let the glue dry for about a half hour before putting the dryer back together just to make sure it was dry.) Once you get the drum put back in, turn it by hand to make sure it is turning smoothly and the seal is on correctly all the way around. If it isn't turning smoothly, it might be because the belt may have come off of where it needs to be, which is what happened to me. Replace front panel of dryer.
Openned the top. Took off the front. Pulled the drum out. Took the old seal off. Used a wire brush and screw driver after softening the old glue with acetone to scrape the rest of the seal and old gue off the drum. Put the new seal on. Applied the glue. Reassembled the dryer putting the new belt on in the process.
Pop the top on the dryer. Removed screw that hold the front panel on. (Popped off kick plate). Took off belt and removed drum. Took back plate off of dryer to access blower fan. Had a hard time holding fan so I could turn motor shaft clockwise to remove. Finally wedged vice grips into fan blades and housing and was able to remove old motor. Getting the motor bracket clips back on was the hardest part. Dryer runs great now.
Opened top panel in order to remove the front panel. Removed belt and removed drum seal. Replaced drum seal and belt.
We discovered that the front of the dryer popped off after removing screws at the bottom of the front panel. The tumbler seal had rotted away, the drum support rollers were frozen and the belt had broken. My husband did most of the work. I assisted, this was a 2 man job. We removed the old seal glue with Goo Gone, we put the new seal on with both of us working on it using clothes pins. Then we glued the new seal with one of us holding the seal up while the other put the glue under it. My husband replaced the drum support rollers, got the idler pulley ready and put the belt around the drum. He lifted and I guided the tumbler (drum) into position. I held the drum while he installed the idler pulley assembly. I kept holding the drum while he got the front panel, put it in position and re-connected the electrical wires on it. Once we had that done he was able to install the front panel. Then came the moment for the test drive, and what do you know but it worked!! We didn't have to spend $$ for a new dryer, it cost us some time (probably around 5 hours total, taking apart, ordering parts and putting together), and a little over $100!! We were happy!
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.