4 of 4 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair:Less than 15 mins
CustomerDave from Roswell GA
Old fan motor made horrible screeching sound and siezed up
Removed 4 hex head screws around base of metal housing and 2 screws on bottom front holding on plastic grating and one screw holding housing to switch plate at top front. Hinged grating on back just pops off. Removed two screws holding fan motor on. Unclipped wire terminals (2). Bolted new fan in place.
One hitch was that one of the little terminal connectors that came with this fan motor was too small, so I had to buy some the right size, and strip the wire and crimp one of those on.
Also, this fan motor is two-speed, and my old dehumidifier is one-speed, so, according to the very helpful instructions, I just taped off one of the wires (not the one I would have guessed--it has you replacing the red with the black and taping off the new red one).
Then reassembled in reverse order, of course.
The only other thing is just that this stinkin' thing was so expensive, but it works fine. It's been humming away for days now, and my basement is once again in the pocket, about 50 - 55% humidity.
And it was pretty easy.
4 of 6 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair:15 - 30 mins
ToolsNutdriver, Screw drivers
CustomerRobert from Ridley Park PA
Dehumidifier froze up to a solid block of ice
After completely thawing the frozen dehumidifier, I knew the chiller still worked but realized the blower fan did not spin. I ordered a replacement part from PartSelect.com. It arrived in 2 days. With unit unplugged, I removed set knob at the top of the front of the unit, removed two screws at bottom and removed the front grill face exposing the fan assembly. Next, I unplugged the two fan wires from their connections, removed 4 screws holding fan in place and removed old fan assembly. I then removed the fan blade assembly from old motor by loosing the compression screw and after a thorough cleaning of the fan blades, re-installed it on the new fan motor. The new fan assembly was re-installed with the 4 screws. The fan electrical connections were re-connected. (Note: only the Black and White wires were used as per the original assembly. The Orange wire was left unconnected but bundled with other wires and secured with a tie-wrap.) Dehumidifier was powered up and tested before front grill face was replaced. Mission Complete!