Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS249424
This bake element kit comes with two installation screws.
This part works with the following brands: GE, Hotpoint & Kenmore.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Removed two screws to release the burner, then two screws to disconnect the wiring and replace them. Then inserted the burner int position and replaced the two screws which were removed to remove the burner.Very easy, however you will need a flashlight to see by since the back of the oven is rather dark.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
Removed the two screws holding the mount and then reattached the two wires to the element.
First I removed the two screws that hold the element in place. I then pulled the element out about 3 inches and disconnected the two wires. The most difficult part of the job was reattaching the element to the wire connectors because of the proximity to the back wall of the oven(one of the wires was quite short). After many attempts while holding the connector with pliers, I was able to tighten the screws. Rest of the job was a cinch.All in all the two repair jobs went well and the effort was real rewarding.
First I removed the two screws that hold the element in place. I then pulled the element out about 3 inches and disconnected the two wires on the element. Put in the new element and reconnected the wires. Pushed the wires and element back into place and screwed in the screws that hold the element in place.
husband said he would call repairman. I found you and ordered part. By the time my husband got around to calling the repairman, I was finished.Only trouble was getting my hands to work in the small space. The cover plate was not as big as the former unit so I had to muscle it on. BUT, it was a very easy process and we saved tons of money on a repairman and a new oven/micro. THANKS.
First I removed the two screws that hold the element in place. I then pulled the element out about 3 inches and disconnected the two wires and replaced the two wires that hold the element in place. I received the part within about 36 hours after placing order.
Removed the coverplate screws, slid the element outward, and removed the wire connecting screws. Positioned the new element to reconnect the wires, and discovered this isn't easy to see with trifocals. Succeeded after several failed attempts. Slid the new element into position, and reattached the cover plate.
The longest step in the fix was the walk downstairs to turn off the breaker.1 nut driver to remove the element from the oven. 1 screwdriver to disconnect. Just as simple to re-install.If you have this oven I seriously recommend the $30 expense to replace the element before it fails. It honestly went out with a white hot welder's torch sort of short circuit that could have burned my house down.
After checking the website, I wasn't sure the part I needed was available. Called the Customer Service number and the lady was very helpful. My part was delivered in 2 days regular UPS. The most time took finding which breaker shut off the power to the oven. Removed two screws on the inside of the oven at the back wall. Pulled out the wiring and removed two more screws that attached the power to the element. Replaced the old element with the new one. Reversed the process. Done in 12 minutes! Very easy.
I called the Part Select company for a GE oven lower elment because it had burnt down at one spot The woman on the phone was very helpful and guided me to a correct heating element and shiped it to me within a few days. I replaced it within fifteen minutes. I was very impressed that I was able do this myself because I am not very handy with tools. I am a 75 years old retired man. I can say nothing more than that. I was quite impressed with company.In future I will contact the company again if I need other part replaced at my home.
I've done this before, so expected little trouble. I removed the two screws holding the old elemnet in place, and pulled the element and attached wires a few inches into the oven. I then removed the two screws connecting the electrical wires to the element. I exchanged the new element for the broken element and went to connect the two wires. Problem: One had slipped back behind the oven and into the insulation. It took about five minutes to fish it out, at which point I saw the wire was missing the small copper fitting that the screw goes through to connect it to the new element. Then I saw the fitting on the bottom of the oven - it had just fallen off. Well, no, it had corroded and the wire had broken where it attaches to the connector. OK, I've seen that before, so I looked for a very small tool to use to open up the clasps that hold the wire in place. Ten minutes later, I had fresk copper wire exposed and in place. It took another five minutes to have the wire stay in place until I could crimp the clasps. That done, the rest of the repair took two minutes. Simple repair job...not. Oh, and I must have let a few choice words slip out over the course of the repair, for my dogs had gone into hiding until I was done. Smart dogs.
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.