Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS239525
This ceramic microwave fuse is just over an inch in length. It is white in the center, and metal on both ends. This is a 20-amp fuse, and is used to power your microwave. If the touch pad on the microwave becomes unresponsive, the microwave produces little to no heat, or the appliance simply does not turn on, it could mean that your fuse is at fault and needs to be replaced. Because this part contains an electrical charge, remember to disconnect power to the microwave unit before you begin this repair.
NOTE: Before you start this repair, ensure that the microwave is unplugged, and the capacitor is discharged. A capacitor stores large amounts of electricity even after your microwave is unplugged.
This part works with the following brands: GE, Hotpoint & Kenmore.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Turned out the issue was easily solved by replacing a single, inexpensive fuse. First off, UNPLUG THE MICROWAVE. The fuse is located under the plastic grill at the top of the microwave. It's held on by two screws. Once you've removed the screws and taken off the plastic grill, you go to the right side of the microwave and remove another screw that holds a small metal grill in place. Removing the small metal grill is probably the toughest part of this repair. You kind of have to rock it back and forth a bit to get it to release. Once that's off, you can get to the fuse. I removed the burnt out one with a pair of needle nose pliers. I also put a small piece of cardboard under the fuse when I did this so I didn't accidentally drop it into the innards of the microwave. I did the same thing when I replaced the new fuse. I then plugged the appliance back in and made sure it worked. Once that was confirmed, I replaced both grills.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
Rmovd top vent screen. Removed control panel. Removed fuse cover panel. Replaced fuse. Removed housing of door switches. Removd wiring from door switches and and removed door switches from housing. Replaced with new switches and re-connectd wiring. Re-attached panels.
found fuse blown and heat damage to TCO sensor.
The old fuse is perfectly good. The new ones arrived within a day.
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.