Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS239126
This magnetron uses electrical and magnetic currents in order to create an intense heat output.
This part works with the following brands: GE, Hotpoint & Kenmore.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Had to take unit off wall and disassemble the main casing.then disconnected the wires from the magnetron.took the mounting nuts off but wasn't able to remove the magnetron until I loosened the transformer out of the way .Then it came out easy.Installed the magnetron ,tightened the nuts,installed the transformer back in, connected the the wires back on and installed the casing on ,screwed the screws and got help to install the unit to the wall again.....Tested the unit before putting back on the wall to make sure it heated....The parts were exac same type and wasn't too hard to do...
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
Over the range microwave. Replaced magnetron. Completely disassemble the case top and bottom.Remove screws from bottom of HV transformer. Magnetron will not clear without this removal.Remove nuts with socket from top of Magnetron. Remove thermo unit from old magnetron and attach it to new. Replace and bolt down Mag. Replace and screw in HV transformer. Make sure all wires are reconnected. Put it back up on the wall. Took about three hours from taking it down from wall and putting it back up.
1. remove microwave from wall2. remove cover (many screws)3. remove nuts holding magnetron in place (4)4. remove magnetron (this is a pain due to the plastic molding used to direct cooling air through the magnetron5. get new magnetron in place (this was even more fun to find the right angles to tilt to get the magnetron to fit6. re-tighten the 4 nuts on the magentron7. put the cover back on8. put the unit back on the wall.bonus repair: the display flickered while the magnetron was on (cooking ) prior to the magnetron dying. found a ribbon cable on the control board to the display with an aluminum foil shield that had peeled off (adhesive failure). re-installing the aluminum shield with packaging tape, and the display no longer flickers
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2017 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.