1 of 2 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair:Less than 15 mins
ToolsPliers, Screw drivers
CustomerLeon from San Francisco CA
Oven ignition switch failed
This is actually for a Dynasty (Jade) Range (but that's not an option in the selection).
The repair is very easy - after you shut power off to the stove.
1. Remove all the stove control knobs from the front panel.
2. Remove the 2 phillips head screws on either side of the front control panel.
3. Pull the front panel out about 3 inches to expose the back of the switch.
4. Use a flat head screwdriver to push the retention clips down and loosen the switch from the panel.
5. Move the 5 wires connected to the switch using pliers, one by one to the new switch.
6. Push the new switch into the panel.
7. Replace the panel and controls.
8. Restore power and test.