19 of 632 people found this instruction helpful
- Roller Bracket and Shaft Assembly
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair:30 - 60 mins
CustomerMario from Spartanburg SC
Squealing noise, intermittent
SOLUTION: ASSY, IDLER LEVER (#37001287)
The trick was to remove the top cover as there are no exposed screws
1. Insert a putting knife in the middle of the gap between the top cover and the front panel. Slide the putty knife to the left and then right. When you hit something, it is a clip. Use the putty knife to depress the 2 locking clips. Lift up the top cover.
2. Remove the front panel ( 2 screws, on each side and some electrical spade connectors)
3. Remove the blower duct (3 screws from inside the drum)
4. Remove the blower panel (9-screws). Set aside.
5. Remove belt tension from idler-assy
6. Disconnect motor harness connector from motor.
7. Rotate blower assembly counter-clockwise to remove from dryer.
8. Replace idler assy.
37 of 1287 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyDifficult
Time to do repair:More than 2 hours
ToolsPliers, Screw drivers, Socket set
CustomerJohn from Derry NH
Dryer was making a screeching noise
I unplugged the dryer, disassembled the front panels and blower intake assy, then pulled the drum out far enough from the back seal to access the drum rollers and roller brackets.
The toughest part was getting the "c" rings off the shaft ends. I used needle nose pliers and put them in the gap between the ends and then spread the pliers open. Once I did that, the rings started to come off the shaft. I then was able to get the needle nose pliers to grab the rings and pull them off. Once off I was able to remove the rollers and remove the roller brackes with a 5/16" socket wrench. Putting them all back together was a cinch and the reassembly took no time at all.
Though one of the drum rollers was wearing badly, the screeching noise was due to a bad belt idler assembly which I had to replace (along with the belt) after that order came in. A little machine oil helped to temporarily silence the idler wheel (lasted about 3 loads).