Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS2039494
This part includes the upper and lower air duct assembly and lint screen.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
Remove screws to top of appliance lid and control panel paying close attention to location and type of screws. Lift back of top panel and lift off front top lid until it snaps up. Slide top panel to side and remove upper front panel screws from the inside of dryer one on left and one on right. Be careful to not let front door fall outward. Slide door panel up off of hooks at base of panel. Remove duct assembly by removing three screws located on the inside of the dryer at the front. Slide out and remove air duct assembly.Removing the High Limit Thermal Fuse was straight forward. Didn't really understand the online instructions but performed a continuity test across terminals and there was no continuity, so I replaced.Repare took 1-2 hours, next time will probably cut in half now that I know where to remove screws to access motors & fuses and dryer assemblies at base of dryer.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
The most difficult part was discovering how to remove the lint duct assembly--not obvious to an inexperienced appliance repair person like me. Once I discovered how to remove the broken part I had some problem finding the exact replacement as my appliance was so old (11 years)the filter holder had since been integrated into the duck assembly--combining two parts on my machine into one new one. A phone call cleared that up and I order the new integrated part hoping the screw holes would line up on the new part. They did; it took me a minute to discover the new, larger integrated part required the removal of the bottom-front of the dryer housing in order to place the larger part in place. Once that was done everthing lined up and was secured--only one screw extra left over! No place for it on the new part. Also, my old lint filter holder had electrodes attached to sensors on the filter housing (?). The new integrated part had no sensors so I just folded the wires back. All seems to work well.
Easy as pie "wonderful"
removed the bottom panel of the dryer; removed the bottom portion of the air duct assembly, the original came in two sections. Inside the drum were three screws that needed to be removed; after that I removed the door and replaced the part. Putting it back together was quicker, 3 less screws because the new part was one part.
First removed the door and bottom panel, removed on/off switch. Then removed the 3 screws (inside the drum) that hold the air duct assembly in place. Removed old part and debris. Fit the new air duct assembly under the drum then connected the screws inside the drum. Replaced on/off switch, door and bottom panel.
lifted the top on the dryer and then removed front panel after removing three screw on the inside of the drum area, then released the air duct from the clamp, replaced with new one, and then put the front back on put the three screws back in, and put the top back down. the job was done in a matter of minutes.
Took panels off. Found and removed pertinent nuts. Removed old broken part. Replaced with new assembly. Restored panels. Put timer knob into place and immediately began to use it.
I called at 2:50 est and hoped the part would be delivered the next day, although the agent said she couldn't guarantee it. I ordered anyway overnight, well it shipped. I had the part the next day. Install was easy, remove the lid, just slide it back a bit. Remove three wires from door close sensor, unbolt two screws from sides, and remove the front of dryer. There are three Phillips screws that attach the duct assembly from inside the dryer, remove them and keep them, you don't get new ones. Remove old assembly and replace, install is opposite of removal. Takes about twenty minutes.
I removed three small phillips screws on the inside and two screw on the outside bottom with a nut driver. The origional assembly was two pieces and the replacement is one simple to install piece. The whole job took ten minutes.
Lifted top of dryer.Removed 2 bolts to remove front panel.Removed 3 screws holding air duct assembly.Removed old air duct assembly and cleaned out remaining broken pieces of plastic.Cleaned excess link build-up from within dryer housing.Replaced air duct assembly.Fastened 3 screws to hold air duct assembly.Fastened 2 bolts for front panel.Lowered top of dryer into place.Turned on dryer to test.RUNS PERFECTLY!
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2016 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.