3 of 4 people found this instruction helpful
Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair:More than 2 hours
ToolsScrew drivers, Socket set
CustomerJohn from Spring Valley CA
Top cabinet was rusted on one corner due to liquids dripping from a shelf
1. Disconnected the electrical cord from the socket & the hose lines from the faucets.
2. Pulled out the washing machine from against the wall to make room for working.
3. Opened the back of the control cabinet by removing the 5 screws.
4. Disconnected the wiring ( making sure to identify all connections and color of wiring ) from the control cabinet and pulled through the opening on the cabinet top.
5. Popped the lid open from the front of the washer using a screwdriver by prying it open and removed the hinge lid from the cabinet top.
6. Removed the control cabinet from the cabinet top, disconnected the safety latch from the cabinet top.
7. Removed the water inlet guide & a vacuum hose from the cabinet top.
8. Removed the hinge brackets from the back of the washer which holds the cabinet top in place.
9. Removed the hinged lid from the cabinet top..
10. Installed new hinges on to hinge lid .
Installed new cabinet top in reverse order as above.