Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS11757610
This gray drain hose is eight feet long.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
1) Remove the lower dish rack.2) Use towel to soak up any water in the dishwasher.3) Remove the bottom plate on the dishwasher front.4) Remove clamp from around the discharge hose. Some water will drain out so have towel handy.5) Dishwasher will need to be pulled out from its built-in area in order to feed the old discharge hose out and the new one in. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS ENOUGH PLAY IN THE ELECTRICAL WIRES AND THE INPUT WATER LINE TO THE DISHWASHER TO ALLOW IT TO BE PULLED OUT.6) Loosen, all the way, the white plastic locking arm that clamps the pump housing. It clamps on a white corrugated plastic piece.7) Remove the spindle arm inside the washer by unscrewing the "tower" piece.8) Remove the screws from the pump housing on the inside of the washer.9) Lift the pump housing carefully and remove the rubber gasket from around the housing. There is enough play to remove the gasket and put the new one on.10) Clean the area around the housing so that the new gasket seats properly.11) The new gasket will have to be installed before re-installing the discharge hose.12) Re-install screws in pump housing.13) Re-install the spindle arm.14) Tighten the white plastic locking arm underneath the washer that locks down the pump housing.15) The new discharge hose can now be reconnected between the sink drain and the dishwasher.16) Dishwasher can now be put back into its place.17) Before closing up the bottom plate of the dishwasher, it should be run and checked for leaks before finally closing up. My advice - let it stand overnight before checking for leaks. after running.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
1. Hose drain: I could not use the new hose drain I bought because the female end to be hooked up to the dishwasher is not bendable enough without breaking the hard plastic casing. You can bend the corrugated hose only so much. I considered adjusting the orientation of male end to accomodate the female end. It was too risky for me. In the end, I abandoned all options and resort to salvaging my old hose by patching the nail-size hole with a combination of caulk, teflon tape and electrical tape. It's holding up for a week now.2. Impeller: Another leak was under the motor shaft. Days of investigation lead me to believe that I need a new impeller because mine was broken into pieces. Searching for a new impeller was not easy. The part number does not help. I just stumbled upon it by chance after browsing through forums after forums.Anyway, replacing everything that comes with the impeller kit makes the matter worse. It leaks even more!Seeing me wasting 5 days already on the dead horse, my wife grows impatient and threaten to buy a new machine or call a pro. This would either hurt my pocket or my ego. She was out that evening so I sneaked in trying to give it what's left of me. Taking the machine apart and going through every part, I narrow down to motor shaft seal. I compare the new one with my old one and notice that the new one is like 1/8in higher. Compress each by my thumb, I feel that I could not press the new one down as much as I can with the old one.So i removed the new one and put my old motor shaft seal back. The rest is history.My mother-in-law was so proud of me. My wife was apparently not. She sounded like "yah right, 6 days on that dead horse...".Other than saving several hundreds buck, I just taught my self another lesson: Don't quit. Try harder and happy ending would come. For me, it did.
First I had to unhook the electric, water line and drain hose. Then slide out the dishwasher. Took several days to find the drain hose - local stores only carried a 6 ft hose and I needed a 7 ft. Once I found it online, purchased it and recieved it I put it all back together and all is good.
Turned off power. Removed lower, two panels. Turned power back on and started dishwasher. Saw leak from 7' drain hose. Turned off power, disconnected hose, ordered new hose, installed on washer and routed back to garbage disposal. Turned on power, checked for leaks (none) and replaced 2 front, lower panels.
After shutting off power and water to the unit, I disconnected the water supply line using a Crescent wrench and a pair of channellock pliers to support the solenoid. I then disconnected the power at the junction box and the drain and circulate lines and clamps.Then unlatched the retaining ring under the unit and lifted the pump assembly out.Using the detail drawing from the web site I disassembled the pump assembly and laid out the parts in order of removal.I then reassembled the pump assembly in reverse order replacing the worn parts with the new parts purchased from PartSelect.I then reassembled the unit in reverse order checking for leaks as I went along.The part worked great and my friend's dishwasher works beautifully.
all I had to do is remove 2 hose clamps, swap the old hose with the new one and I was done!
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2016 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.