Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS11743765
This part provides the tension required for a multi-ribbed belt. It also serves to help the belt to rotate the drum. This arm is what attaches to the idler pulley wheel.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
This part fixes the following symptoms:
I didn't, my son-in-law did. He replaced the belt and the pulley, and within 5 minutes he had my dryer together and running. He was so impressed with your service that he put you in his favorites on his computer. Thanks
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
took top of dryer off by prying at seam in front of dryer above door tilted top back found 2 screws one on either side that holds front pannel on removed screws and lifted frond pannel off which exposed motor and belt adjuster took drum out and installed belt uusinf tape to hold belt in place put drum back made final connections an d thats it
I followed the video on this web site and it was done just like the video. Very easy to do .
I looked at two or three repair stories on your site and followed the advice given there. Three major things helped: First, access to the innards by lifting the top AFTER RELEASING THE CLIPS AT THE FRONT USING A PUTTY KNIFE or similar - very helpful. Second, instructions on removing the front panel and pulling out the drum were helpful Third, a caution about checking and re-seating the rear drum seal using a putty knife or similar - I wouldn't have noticed that the seal was curled over in a couple of places without that warning - I'm sure it frequently gets bent over when replacing the drum.PartSelect was very helpful and very quick in getting me the parts needed. I didn't realize I needed the idler pulley until after I received the belt I had ordered, but the pulley came so fast it really didn't matter - gave me time to clean out bags of lint - the worst part of the job.Dryers are very simple, but hardy and enduring machines - enjoyed making a 30+(?) year old machine run like new.
Took the screws out of the top, then the front, looked under the dryer drum and seen the broken belt and worn, "glide". I immediately went to Parts Select.com and found the replacement parts, ordered them and in a couple of days had my dryer going with minimum expense! My wife is Happy!!! that makes me Happy, too!
Removed screws holding the lint screen,using a small pry bar poped the top of the drier and using a nut driver removed two screws that hold the frount panel on , carefuly lift it so the drum fall. then you might want to prop the drum with a coffee can while you get everything ready. Bend the idler tentioner back remove the belt carefuly release the tention, lift the tentioner out of its holder. Replace the belt and install the new and improved ider pulley and reasemble. Before you put the top down, make sure the drum turns freely, the rear seal on the back of the drier might be turned under the bulk head use a puddy knife and turn the drum counterclockwise one full turn and your ready to replace the top.
We discovered that the front of the dryer popped off after removing screws at the bottom of the front panel. The tumbler seal had rotted away, the drum support rollers were frozen and the belt had broken. My husband did most of the work. I assisted, this was a 2 man job. We removed the old seal glue with Goo Gone, we put the new seal on with both of us working on it using clothes pins. Then we glued the new seal with one of us holding the seal up while the other put the glue under it. My husband replaced the drum support rollers, got the idler pulley ready and put the belt around the drum. He lifted and I guided the tumbler (drum) into position. I held the drum while he installed the idler pulley assembly. I kept holding the drum while he got the front panel, put it in position and re-connected the electrical wires on it. Once we had that done he was able to install the front panel. Then came the moment for the test drive, and what do you know but it worked!! We didn't have to spend $$ for a new dryer, it cost us some time (probably around 5 hours total, taking apart, ordering parts and putting together), and a little over $100!! We were happy!
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2016 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.