Have you ever purchased from PartSelect.com before?
Thank you for helping make our site better.
PartSelect Number PS11741141
This screw is sold individually.
This part works with the following brands: Whirlpool, Admiral, Estate, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Roper, Maytag, Crosley, Jenn-Air, Hardwick, Magic Chef, Amana, Caloric & Glenwood.
we replaced the baffle by removing the broken baffle. There were two screws holding it in place. Door and front panel of dryer had to be removed to accomplish this task. Quite an easy repair/replacement. Thank you for all your help PartSelect.com.
Help other customers find the most helpful instructions.
Were these instructions helpful?
First I turned off power at the service panel. Then, I pulled out the range and tried to remove the access panel. The screw which held the black lead from the incoming power to the range wiring terminal had broken loose from the mounting block. It had welded itself to the panel, so I had to pry it loose. I tried to reattach it to the mounting block, but the block was cracked.I turned on power at the service panel and used my digital multimeter to test the AC voltage of the receptacle to make sure it fell within the correct limits.When the new mounting block and power cord arrived, I removed the screw that held the broken mounting block to the back of the range. Then, I used a screwdriver to remove the leads that attached the old power cord to the broken mounting block and range wiring terminals. The screw and nuts which held the old black lead and range wiring terminal to the block were welded together. This was the most difficult part of the repair. I was able to back them off a little bit, but not enough to remove the range wiring terminal. While holding one end of the screw in the pliers, my Dad used the heavy duty cut off wheel on my Dremel tool to cut the screw in half and free the terminal.Then, we reversed the process to attach the new wiring block to the back of the range, incoming power cord to wiring terminals and range wiring. We plugged it back in and had it working before my dinner party.
Repair is very simple, all I had to due was remove 4 screws on door and closing side door. Remove door and take off front panel. Then I spun baffle down to right side by motor removing 2 screws , replaced short baffle. the sensor wires are locate right there . Simple disconect of 2 spade wires , 2 srews inside and unit comes out. Please remember to disconnect power and door lifts up maybe 1/2 inch when disconnecting. The baffle worked fine the sensor fixed lights , but did not dry clothes to my satifaction. Good Luck
1 - unscrewed door2 - made a mess because the directions did not work for my dryer3 - figured it out = eventually4 - popped loose the front panel5 - unscrewed metal bars (that were holding the top down in the front)6 - lift front like a hood on a car7 - unscrew the rest of the front until the drum was loose and I could get to the felt strip8 - glue new strip on where the old strip was = to the front and back plates that hold the drum 9 - put it back together :)
Had to remove the dryer door and back top screws to access the drum.Once this was accomplished all that had to be done was to turn the drum by hand and replace each baffle and (two) screws each.
I went on my laptop and typed in repairs to Maytag dryer - baffle and he said it was so easy. Dryer does not make any more noises and saved us probably $150.00. Your website is GREAT!
I actually followed the 5 tips from previous customers to fix the dryer. I removed the door then the screws on the other side and pulled the front open. Then spun the tub around to get to the screws attaching the baffle and removed and replaced with the new ones which attached the new baffle into place. It was very easy! Would have been faster but one of the screws holding the door on was too tight and almost stripped. Thankyou Part Select! Your diagrams and tips were very helpful! I will use you again!!
took off the dryer by remving two screws, then the front panel. Then removed the screws that held in the drum, pulled the drum out replaced the baffles then put it back together. It was easyer then I thought. It took less them 30 mins.
We went to Lowe's to look at a new washer/dryer set. We told the sales lady what our dryer was doing, she said she had that problem before and told us it was probably the rollers had gone bad. The next morning, 5 a.m my wife couldn't sleep so she took the dryer front off, pulled out the tumbler and found the rollers, the lady was right . My wife already had your web site pulled up on the computer so I could look to see what parts I needed. We called to order our parts, we were told it would be 2-5 days before they would get here, they were here the NEXT DAY!!! That was awesome!! I put the new roller on, my wife put everything back together, she turned the dryer on and.... it was so quiet we weren't sure if it was on so I opened the door and held the button to watch it turning, peacefully. Thank you all and the sales lady at Lowe's for saving us $1200. We did our repair with your parts and only spent $85.00.
All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd.
Copyright © 1999-2016 , Eldis Group Partnership. All rights reserved.