WM0642HW (WM0642HW /00)
This pump helps expel water from the washing machine and is activated after the spin speed is maintained for a specific period of time.
Note: Pump casing is not included.
This hose has bellows to allow for flexibility during the wash and spin cycles.
The locking pin is used to hold the shock absorber on the washer. There is a pin used at the bottom and top of the shock absorber. Sold individually.
On a washer, this part is used for circulating the water. On a dishwasher, it is used for draining the water.
- Customer: Jorge from Apple Valley, CA
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 1- 2 hours
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 368 of 487 people found this instruction helpful
Removed the top of the washer by removing the 4 back screws and 2 small brackets. Then I removed the front panel, this was actually the hardest part, 2 screws and 8 tabs that you pop out carefully from the top of the panel. I only disconnected the power button and was able to rest the panel on top of the washer. The rest of the washer came apart quickly just...
- Customer: Anthony from Crystal Lake, IL
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Time to Complete: More than 2 hours
- Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers, Socket set, Wrench (Adjustable), Wrench set
- 71 of 129 people found this instruction helpful
To replace the bearings a complete disassembly of the washer was required. After pulling the tube assembly from the cabinet and separating the tube enclosure halves and removing the rotor and stator, since the washer uses direct drive, a gear puller was required to push the drive shaft through the old bearings since they didn’t separate easily as seen in sev...
- Customer: Thomas from Commack, NY
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 30 - 60 mins
- Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers, Wrench (Adjustable)
- 0 of 0 people found this instruction helpful
I received the part needed within a few days from ordering. I immediately removed the leaking part with the new part. It was a very simple install, and my washer is now leak free. If you think you cannot do these simple changes, think again, it's much easier then you may think. Remove the top cover of your washer machine by taking off the two screws in the b...