Light bulb burned out
- Customer: Travis from Sterling VA
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers
- 0 of 0 people found this instruction helpful
Replacing the light bulb is easy and takes no more than 15-30 minutes. The light bulb is located behind the grill on the right hand side of the microwave as you face the microwave. To get to the bulb you have to remove the outside cover. On mine there were three screws that had a special head and required a special tool. That was a surprise! To work around that, since I did not have the tool, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to grip and turn the screw head. They came out easily. I replaced them with the same size Phillips head sheet metal screw when I put the cover back on.
1. Remove the screws that secure outside cover and take the cover off.
2. Locate the light bulb and unplug the power wire. It is a two prong plug that pulls off with little effort.
3. Remove the old light bulb. It is held in place by a plastic tab. Push the tab toward the outside of the base plate with a small screw drive or your finger and lift the base plate. The bulb will come out with the base.
4. Install the new bulb. Align the holes in the base of the new bulb with the tabs on the socket and put the bulb in place, ensuring the tab secures the bulb base in place.
5. Reconnect the power wire to the bulb.
6. Reinstall the outside cover.
7. The light should come on when you open the microwave door.