trash compactor ram not moving - broken plastic drive gear
- Customer: william from andover MA
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Pliers
- 4 of 7 people found this instruction helpful
1) pulled the compactor from under the counter and unplugged it. 2) tipped it on its side 3) removed 5 screws (3 on the motor side and two on the bottom) an took off the bottom cover plate. 3) using the pliers i pulled of the retainer clip from the large drive gear(it had broken on only the hub remain attached) 4) i then just slid in the new gear, snapped in the retainer clip and buttoned up the cover plate. Note I did not replace the other parts that came in the package because the existing ones seemed ok.
One of the nuts on the ram stripped out
- Customer: kelton from weatherford TX
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Time to Complete: 1- 2 hours
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Socket set
- 0 of 1 people found this instruction helpful
1)Pulled the unit out remove the top and bottom covers. 2)Disconnected the drive chain by removing the sproket from the motor. 3)Unscrewed the drive rod on the side that worked and removed the ram. 4)Reassembled and used the bin for trash while waiting for the part. 5)The nut came with clips included (this was not noted in the order but is vital) removed the stripped nut by breaking the old clips. 6)Installed the new nut, clips on the ram. 7)Installed the ram onto both drive screws. I had to hold the 'top sensor' switch up to reverse the screws to lower the ram. 8)Rinstalled the top and the appliance. 2 thru 4 dealing witht the chain, sproket and screw were fairly complicated operations.
dent in front panel
- Customer: James from Porter Ranch CA
- Difficulty: Really easy
- Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 0 of 0 people found this instruction helpful
Really easy. Two screws on the back side. Loosen them and pull the top off. Panel slides right out from the top.