Plastic knob broke for the second time since cooktop was installed.
- Customer: Joseph R. from Greenville SC
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Time to Complete: More than 2 hours
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers, Wrench (Adjustable)
- 5 of 6 people found this instruction helpful
The entire cooktop had to be removed and taken apart to replace fan switch. I am thankful that this replacement part was available (slightly different than original part) through PartSelect.com since my local appliance parts store told me the part was no longer available.
one side of cooktop did not work
- Customer: Rebecca from Broadway NC
- Difficulty: Really easy
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers
- 4 of 5 people found this instruction helpful
I took out the side of the cooktop that did not work. I had to take off the bottom of the cooktop and checked where electricity was going and not going. Once I found the part that needed replacing, I went on the website, search for Jen-Air cooktops and model number. From the sketch on the website, I was able to order the part needed. I decided to get 2 in order to replace both parts at one time, just in case. The part arrived quickly and was easy to install. The most time I spent was taking the backside off the cooktop and cleaning it.
Old Jenn--Air cook top inop. Model discontinued
- Customer: Ronald from Avon CO
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 3 of 4 people found this instruction helpful
Our Jenn-Air cook top is 25 years old. One can no longer order parts for this old of model. We ordered new SS burners as well as new Burner cartridge terminal blocks for a new and current model. They work perfectly. Took 10 minutes. $ 350 dollars verses $ 2600 for a new JennAir range plus instillation. Unit looks and works great. Plan to order new switches next.