old motor locked up had to replace
- Customer: REX from PLEASUREVILLE KY
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 1- 2 hours
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers
- 14 of 16 people found this instruction helpful
had to remove outer cover, then the foam parts covering the fan cage and then remove the five screws that hold the fan/motor unit in the base, after that I cut the wires at the controls so I could match the wire colors up with the new motor, had to loosen the clamps that hold the fans on the shaft at both ends and slide the fans off,when the new motor came I put the unit back together in reverse order it came apart, unpluged old wires one at a time and pluged new wire of same color in its place, all left to do was put outer cover back on and less than two hours had it back in my window feeling the cool air.
Lost my remote
- Customer: Dana from Nuevo CA
- Difficulty: Really easy
- Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
- Tools Required:
- 4 of 6 people found this instruction helpful
I really didnt repair anything, but
I wanted to share with you,my experience with parts select. My order was processed lightning fast, the shipping was lightning fast, the remote was the correct one I ordered,and the whole experience was 100% perfect. Thank you so much.