NOTE: This replacement ice maker mechanism does NOT come with a cover,shut off arm, a wire harness, or the mounting hardware. Must be ordered separately.
This is the center support rail for the refrigerator crisper drawer. This rail supports center of the crisper frame.
This includes both the run capacitor and the start relay. The capacitor helps the compressor kick on and off while maintaining a constant temperature to keep things frozen in your ...
This part helps the compressor kick on and off while maintaining a constant temperature to keep things frozen in your freezer.
This screw is sold individually.
This part turns on the light when the door is opened.
- Customer: Bernie from Diamond Bar, CA
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 30 - 60 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver
- 639 of 670 people found this instruction helpful
Interior surface of ice tray felt rough & flaky (coating deteriorated) so cubes would not release.
Remove timer cover by hand pressure @ edge.
Remove single attachment screw & bracket at lower front of icemaker.
Disconnect wiring harness from socket @ rear of compartment.
Tricky part was determining what type of con...
- Customer: Gilbert from Clinton, MO
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers
- 231 of 260 people found this instruction helpful
I removed the screws in the lower back panel where the compressor is located. Then I unplugged the capacitor and plugged the new one in. I then checked to see if the compressor would start. It wouldn't so I replaced the overload relay with capacitor and that fixed the problem. The capacitor just plugs into the relay then plugs into the compressor. There are ...
- Customer: Russell from Hardinsburg, KY
- Difficulty: A Bit Difficult
- Time to Complete: More than 2 hours
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 240 of 295 people found this instruction helpful
Having seen this problem before in other equipment so I had an idea where to look. Problem: the automatic defrost function was not operating. Looking through openings in the back panel of the freezer compartment, you could see the evaporator coils and fins were a solid chuck of ice. There are three logical components to check. Heater element, thermostat ...