NOTE: This replacement ice maker mechanism does NOT come with a cover,shut off arm, a wire harness, or the mounting hardware. Must be ordered separately.
This part helps the compressor kick on and off while maintaining a constant temperature to keep things frozen in your freezer.
This screw is sold individually.
The capacitor helps the compressor kick on and off while maintaining a constant temperature to keep things frozen in your freezer.
The start relay boosts the compressor, and then s...
This tubing is 1/4'' in diameter and comes with 2 inserts. This tubing may be longer than the original, and may have to be cut.
Screws NOT included.
- Customer: Bernie from Diamond Bar CA
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 30 - 60 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver
- 546 of 562 people found this instruction helpful
Interior surface of ice tray felt rough & flaky (coating deteriorated) so cubes would not release.
Remove timer cover by hand pressure @ edge.
Remove single attachment screw & bracket at lower front of icemaker.
Disconnect wiring harness from socket @ rear of compartment.
Tricky part was determining what type of con...
- Customer: Russell from Hardinsburg KY
- Difficulty: A Bit Difficult
- Time to Complete: More than 2 hours
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 200 of 237 people found this instruction helpful
Having seen this problem before in other equipment so I had an idea where to look. Problem: the automatic defrost function was not operating. Looking through openings in the back panel of the freezer compartment, you could see the evaporator coils and fins were a solid chuck of ice. There are three logical components to check. Heater element, thermostat ...
- Customer: Gilbert from Clinton MO
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers
- 188 of 212 people found this instruction helpful
I removed the screws in the lower back panel where the compressor is located. Then I unplugged the capacitor and plugged the new one in. I then checked to see if the compressor would start. It wouldn't so I replaced the overload relay with capacitor and that fixed the problem. The capacitor just plugs into the relay then plugs into the compressor. There are ...