The flat style gas oven igniter included in this kit has a body length of 3-3/4 inches. This kit comes with all of the pieces you need to replace longer ceramic igniters, though this kit can also replace short igniters.
This igniter has an amperage range of 3.3 - 3.6 and does NOT replace round style oven igniters.
This screw is sold individually.
Sold Individually. This black knob accepts a D-shaped shaft.
This clip is used to secure the thermostat bulb. They are sold individually.
Sold Individually. Order quantity required.
- Customer: James from Ferndale MI
- Difficulty: A Bit Difficult
- Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
- Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers, Socket set
- 178 of 194 people found this instruction helpful
The oven had been working intermittently for a while and after repeated threats of starvation from my spouse I finally took a look even though it was summer and the grill was working fine. The Igniter would glow red when the oven was turned on but the gas would not flow to it no matter what the temperature setting. I searched online and found this site that ...
- Customer: Charles from Charlestown RI
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time to Complete: 30 - 60 mins
- Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers
- 76 of 84 people found this instruction helpful
In most cases if your oven won't light or takes a long time to light you may have a bad igniter even if it glows. To check the igniter use a voltmeter to check for 120 A/C volts going to the igniter and3.5 A/C volts going between the ingniter and the gas valve. My bad ingniter glowed but had only only 3.0 A/C volts going to the gas valve for the oven. The ne...
- Customer: Beryl from Dawsonville GA
- Difficulty: Really easy
- Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
- Tools Required: Screw drivers
- 36 of 39 people found this instruction helpful
My son replaced the broiler igniter this spring, so I had a clue as to what was required. This was even easier and since I had back surgery recently & my husband was out of town that was a giant plus!
I unplugged the oven, removed the oven door, found the release latch and removed the oven floor. I then removed the 2 screws that held the ignit...