Models > 1393^1A > Instructions

1393^1A Whirlpool Range - Instructions

All installation instructions for 1393^1A parts

These instructions have been submitted by other PartSelect customers and can help guide you through the range repair with useful information like difficulty of repair, length of repair, tools needed, and more.

All Instructions for the 1393^1A
1-6 of 6
Search Instructions
Keep searches simple, eg. "belt" or "pump". Need help?

Dryer wouldn't heat

  • Customer: Edith from Grove City OH
  • Difficulty: Difficult
  • Time to Complete: More than 2 hours
  • Tools Required: Nutdriver, Screw drivers, Wrench(Adjustable)
  • 30 of 37 people found this instruction helpful
Since the heating coil is right behind the front door I had to remove all panels starting with the back one to get to it. The back has a lot of tech screws that I removed with the nut driver. The side panels were removed with a phillips screwdriver. The top is held in place with the other panels. The base was shifted away from the front and I released the heating coil case with 4 screws in the front and was able to pull it out of the top to replace it. I cut the old one out with wire cutters and snaked the new one through the ceramic insulators. I was careful not to touch the new one without gloves because the oil from your hands can burn them out more quickly. I screwed the new ones to the contact points while trying not to stretch it too much. I vacuumed the whole dryer out before putting it back together.

Burner would not heat

  • Customer: Edward from Malvern AR
  • Difficulty: A Bit Difficult
  • Time to Complete: 30 - 60 mins
  • Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers
  • 17 of 23 people found this instruction helpful
First i shut off the power since this is an electric cook top/range. I then removed the knob and the two screws that hold the burner switch in place. I removed the wires one at a time and connected each to the new switch. I then reattached the screws to the switch. The most difficult part to me was breaking off the switch stem at the right level. I got that done and finally selected the appropriate adapter for the stem/knob fit.

burner quite heating discovered switch was the problem

  • Customer: Ronald from McClelland IA
  • Difficulty: Really easy
  • Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
  • Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers
  • 5 of 7 people found this instruction helpful
lifted hood top unscrewed 4 small screws opening lid to switch housing took out 2 small screws that held the switch and then transfered wires to new switch replaced new switch with 2 new screws and back to working again walla! Time spent less than 30 minutes very simple as the instructions were very self explainatory.

The switch had shorted

  • Customer: Stephen from COlleyville TX
  • Difficulty: Really easy
  • Time to Complete: 15 - 30 mins
  • Tools Required: Nutdriver, Pliers
  • 5 of 8 people found this instruction helpful
I reviewed the schematic. Removed the outer casing. Pulled out the existing wires and replaced them exactly on the new switch. Snipped out off the control stem to match the others. There was a small metal piece on the old stem which holds on the knob. I removed it from the old stem and put it on the new stem and Eureka.

Original burner switch fell apart

  • Customer: Jim from Addison TX
  • Difficulty: Really easy
  • Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
  • Tools Required: Pliers, Screw drivers
  • 0 of 0 people found this instruction helpful
Replacement was simple. Old switch was easily removed. Once I swapped the wires from old to new we were in business. One thing I would do differently than the included directions called for. I wish I had waited until I had installed the new switch to set the shaft length. I snapped off one too many sections of the shaft after measuring the original shaft as recommended. If I had installed the replacement switch and then set the shaft length it would have been more accurate. Everything still works but one knob is now slightly lower than the other three.

plastic post for knob broke off

  • Customer: Graham from Bridgeville CA
  • Difficulty: Really easy
  • Time to Complete: Less than 15 mins
  • Tools Required:
  • 0 of 0 people found this instruction helpful
I broke the correct post from the new cluster of post selections and stuck it on. I had the kit for a couple of weeks before I realized that this was not an electrical problem. It would have been good of you to send only the new plastic post. That kit was intimidating for a 73 year old woman who lives in the country and does most of her own plumbing and other household repairs. The repair took less that one minute.
All Instructions for the 1393^1A
1-6 of 6