Enter your model number or a part number and click "Search"
Need help finding your model number?
Save money by making your own ice maker repairs. With our free ice maker repair help, you'll have your ice maker running like new in no time. You can use your model number to search for your ice maker model. We have thousands of model diagrams and thousands of part pictures online. We also offer same day shipping and no hassle returns. Order the parts you need today! You can place your parts order online, by email, or by calling 1-888-895-1535.
Launched under the name GoldStar, LG has been producing home appliances as well as electronics since the 1950’s. Originally focused on washing machines and refrigerators, LG has since expanded into the home appliance market and now manufacturers a full line of appliances including cooktops, dryers, rangers, vacuums and more. LG is most notably known for their technological innovations and leading the way in developing smart appliances. PartSelect offers a full line of LG parts for any of your major LG household appliances. If you need a part, start by entering your LG model number into the search box and repair your appliance with PartSelect.
Most appliances seem to break just when you need them the most. That’s why PartSelect.com makes ordering fast and simple. We offer a wide variety of appliance parts for all makes and models, including icemakers. If your icemaker has stopped working properly and you need it repaired quickly, make PartSelect.com your first choice in icemaker repair parts. Our website will help you find the part you need as you are guided through the ordering process. If you need any assistance you can easily contact us by phone at 1-888-895-1535 or by email at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you get the icemaker part that’s right for you. As an added bonus, we make shipping easy too with our flexible options and any in stock part ordered before 3 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday will be shipped to you that very same day! Get your icemaker working like new with icemaker parts from PartSelect.com.
PartSelect recently helped Louis of Cheyenne, WY with this Kenmore Ice Maker repair:
Lack of frequent cleaning resulted in pump failure due to buildup from hard water mineral deposists
This ice maker is really a Kitchenaid appliance.
1. Remove all ice and drain water pan by removing drain cap.
2. Disconnect waterline and unplug ice maker
3. Set icemaker on a work bench unless you like working on your knees, head down.
4. Remove flip out chute and ice scoop bracket.
5. Remove water pan by removing thumb screws
6. Remove single 1/4" head cap screw that holds plastic cover over pump.
7. Remove discharge hose from pump. Pull clear plastic 1/8" diameter water supply line from notch in left edge of pump base.
8. Remove three cap screws holding pump. Two are visible. The third one is behind the pump and requires an 8" extension on the socket.
9. After the three screws are removed the pump drops down. The electric connection must be unplugged. Pinch the tabs on either side to release the plug.
10. Reverse procedure to install new pump. Unless you have really small hands or love being frustrated, don't bother to reinstall the third screw that is behind the pump. The pump stays in place just fine without that screw.
11. After reinstalling the icemaker, clean thoroughly by washing all inside surfaces with a strong bleach solution.
12. Run a cleaning cycle with one quart of strong bleach solution in the water tray. At the conclusion of the cleaning cycle, drain the water tray. Place unit into service. DON'T FORGET TO CLEAN REGULARLY. If the water supply is not chlorinated molds and algae will develop in recirculation hose.
Removed black cardboard covering on back of refrig with nut driver (6 screws),
turned off water supply to pump, removed cooper waterline to pump with adjustable wrench,
removed 1 screw holding pump to refrigerator, removed plastic waterline from pump by turning hose counter clockwise...
James From Centerville, OH
Got a broken LG ice maker? PartSelect.com can help. To find the LG part you need, try searching with your ice maker model number. We offer same day shipping on all in-stock parts and free installation videos to help you complete your LG ice maker repair.