Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
anton From saint charles, IL
Jun 20, 2008
6 out of 7 people found this instruction helpful
1. remove the access door , bottom left side
2. unplug the power cord and shut the gas valve off, next to the union fitting
3. unplug the electrical connections from the gas valves and igniter.
4. open the union with the wrench, right hand thread
5. remove the two nut driver screws on the burner lip
6. remove the burner and carefully spread the igniter fingers and remove the igniter
7. check the igniter, make sure it is the problem.
8. install the new igniter and carefully insert the burner into position.
9. reverse the disassembly , turn on the gas valve and check for leaks with soap bubbles. if you have a leak, shut off the gas valve and repair it or leave the gas valve off and call a repairman.
10. plug in the power and turn on the dryer the igniter should glow white hot and the burner should light.
11. if the dryer does not work you have other problems or you did not plug the electrical connections into the correct places,
12. call the repairman or buy a new dryer
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS268028