Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
1. Removed all four switch knobs (to be replaced with new knobs purchased with the replacement switch.(unnecessary if you are not going to replace all the knobs)
2. Removed the switch plate assembly by removing two sheet metal screws.
3. Inverted plate assembly and removed five wires and then removed two additional screws that secured the faulty switch to the plate assembly.
4. Reconnected the five wires and attached the new switch to the plate assembly.
5. Re-positioned the assembly on the cooktop and secured with the two sheet metal screws.