Before removing screws, I reached in and felt for where the upper end of the spring attached to the hinge. There are three holes in the end of the hinge arm, so I wanted to be sure of which hole to use. (The holes are very close together, so if the spring falls out before you determine which hole it was in, it probably won't matter so long as you are sure to use the same hole on both new hinges.) I then removed three Phillips screws per hinge. Once the hinge was loose, I could wiggle it around and release enough of the spring tension to slip the top end of the spring out of the hole on the hinge arm. Then I pulled out the old hinge and inserted the new one and replaced the three screws. Without the tension, the lower end of the spring fell out of the little hole in the oven bottom where it normally attaches. Our gas oven has a broiler rather than a storage drawer, so it was a little difficult to get the lower tip of the spring back into that hole. It actually ended up being easier to get the lower tip of the spring back into that hole first, before trying to reattach it to the hinge arm. Once I got the lower end into that hole, I pulled up on the spring and maintained upward pressure on the spring while I fiddled around to get the upper end into the hinge arm hole. Took about 20 minutes, door works perfectly now. Lots of sharp edges inside the oven, so had to be careful.